There are a number of ways to add users to Zunos. You can add them individually, or import numerous users at one time or create a registration page which allows your users to self-register for Zunos.
If you are loading more than 10 users into Zunos, you can save yourself time and import them via the import tool. Administrators can also use the import tool to update User profile information such as locations, groups, custom fields and to make users Active or Inactive.
Here are the steps to add multiple users via an import:
- Select Import Users beside the New User button on the User management page.
- Click the Download the import template button.
- Open the template and begin adding or copying and pasting your data into the fields. If you are using regions, we also have a view regions button which shows valid countries and region information.
- Once you have finished, Save your import .xls sheet and go back to the admin portal to import the file.
- Click Choose File and locate the import template on your local machine and click open.
- Before Importing, please note of that you can import as active using the toggle. This will save time by making the imported users active upon import.
- To complete the process click Import Users. A progress bar will appear to show you how your import is going. If there are any errors in the spreadsheet and a user was unsuccessful, they will appear on this screen.
- If an error appears on a user, you'll need to amend the spreadsheet and re-import the file. This will NOT duplicate the users.
User Import Template
The following fields shown in the Excel example, are mandatory fields when importing users into Zunos. You must complete these fields in order to successfully add a user in Zunos. All other fields are optional.
- Username: This is the username which the user requires to login to the app. This should be the users' email address.
- Password: Enter the initial temporary password for the user. It can be anything longer than 8 characters. Users will be able to set their own individual passwords via a link which is provided in the welcome email.
- FirstName: The user's first name
- LastName: The user's first surname
- Email: The user's email address
- City/Suburb: This is an optional field if admins prefer to add the City/Suburb location of each user.
- Zip/Postcode: An optional field to use to add the Zip/Postcode of each user.
- GroupCodes: This is an optional field but allows you to add users to their respective groups as part of the import process, by simply entering the group code. Provided you have set up your groups prior to importing users into Zunos. If you would like to add the user to more than one Group, you can add multiple Group Codes separated by a semi colon character, eg SALES;TECH. You can also use the "Replace Groups" button if you're using the import process to remove users from a previous group to another group.
- AppUser: This field designates whether the user will have access to the Zunos iOS App or WebApp. Set to Yes to allow app access or No to block App access. A User can be active and will still receive communications.
- Active(Yes/No): This field can be used to initially import users as inactive so they will not receive any correspondence and will also not be able to access the Zunos iOS App or WebApp. Set to Yes to import users as Active or No to import them as inactive.
- Custom Fields: If Custom Fields are set in the Settings of the admin portal, the user custom fields can be used to input additional user information.
Note: Please note that it's important not to delete any of the columns in the import template, otherwise the import process will not work.